Thursday, November 5, 2009

silence

lying face up on my bed staring up at the skylight.

my favorite place in the entire apartment.

feeling so incredibly lucky.

amazons are all at school and i have my 45 minutes of cleaning and washing done. i can walk, breathe, think and remember (most things).

and the light is just so beautiful.

time to yourself. quiet time to let your thoughts wander aimlessly has to be life's greatest luxury.

there's not a sound in the apartment short of the constant hum of muffled machinery and traffic that is new york.

i block my ears for total silence and instead am deafened by my heartbeat, the blood pulsing through my veins, my lungs expanding and contracting, my mouth and throat consecutively swallowing.

i open my eyes, take my hands off my ears. i am better present.

an aware presence in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment